Required time 1 hour
- 400g peeled Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
- 400g white sugar
- 30g butter
- 1 sheet of fresh pastry
- Edible flowers
- Make a golden caramel with the sugar by gently heating it in a saucepan over a low heat. Quickly coat the tin that you’ll be using for the tatin with the caramel. Let cool.
- Cut the kiwifruit in half, arrange them in the tin and place small pieces of butter on top of the kiwifruit. Cover the tin with aluminium foil and place in the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 160º C. Remove, uncover and let cool. Cut the pastry using a pastry cutter slightly larger than the diameter of the tin.
- Place the pastry on top of the tart, tucking the sides into the tin. Pierce the pastry several times to stop it rising too much and separating it from the kiwifruit.
- Put back in the oven and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes at 180º C. Take out and let cool.
- Very carefully, run a thin instrument around the inside of the tin, separating the tatin on all sides. With one swift movement, unmould the tatin onto a plate.
- Decorate with the edible flowers.
Never use a spring-form tin, unless it’s one that is completely sealed, as all cooking juices will leak and stain the oven.